Youth Orchestra Manager: Angela Massey
The Southwest Florida Symphony Youth Symphony is an auditioned group comprised of some of the finest young musicians in our area. An important educational program of the Southwest Florida Symphony, it provides quality symphonic training and performance experience for young musicians. They are coached by professional Symphony musicians, rehearse weekly and perform in their own concert series. Advanced students have the opportunity to participate in chamber ensembles. The Youth Symphony is an advanced full orchestra conducted by Dr. Kyle Szabo.
The Sinfonietta is a strings-only orchestra designed to develop and enhance young string musicians’ technique and musical skill. They rehearse weekly and perform throughout the season. The Sinfonietta is conducted by Ms. katrina Rozmus.
YOUTH ORCHESTRA FORMS AND APPLICATIONS
Registration for the 2019-2020 Youth Orchestra program will open July 15. Auditions will be August 26.
Audition Requirements 19-20
Registration begins July 15. Please complete the online form by clicking below:
Online Registration/Audition Form
- All interested musicians are required to register including current members of the Youth Orchestra program.
- Ongoing Auditions, September 9-April 27, Mondays, 5:30 pm, Cypress Lake High School Center for the Arts
- Auditions are ONLY for new students and current students who would like to audition for the next level orchestra.
- A $20 audition fee must be paid at the time of audition (cash, check or credit card).
- $250 annual tuition fee will be billed shortly after candidate is accepted into the program.
- Rehearsals are Mondays, 6 – 8 pm at Cypress Lake High School Center for the Arts.
Thank You! to our Youth Orchestra Chair Sponsors
String Coaches (Hannah Cho) –Friedrich Jaeger
Percussion Coach – Jane King
Woodwind Coach (Angela Massey) –John & Esther Dick
Low String Coach (Susie Kelly) –Carolyn Wilson
Brass Coach (Kristofer Marshall) –Liz Marnul
Still open for sponsorship are our conductors; Youth Symphony-Dr. Kyle Szabo and Sinfonietta-Katrina Rozmus. Please contact the symphony office to sponsor a conductor 239-418-0996.