We look forward to hearing from you for any scholarship questions!
Jillian Prescott Music Awards
- The Jillian Prescott Music Awards is an annual competition for young musicians in the disciplines of: Keyboard, Strings, Woodwinds/Brass, Percussion & Voice.
- Entrants are divided into two age groups: 12 to 17, and 18 to 22, as of the date of the competition, April 16, 2022.
- The competition is open to students who have legal residence in the counties of Lee, Charlotte, Collier, Glades and Hendry in Florida.
- Cash awards of $599 are given in each discipline and age group. An overall award winner of $1,800 will be selected from all categories. Note: Cash awards may only be given to those with a student ID, are U.S. residents, or have a passport and work/study visa (F-1 status), and SSN.
- The Overall Winner may be invited to perform with the SWFL Symphony Orchestra if mutually agreed with the incoming Maestro.
Auditions in Spring 2023
Details & Application Coming Soon!
Marilyn Van Sickle Voice Scholarship Competition
- The Marilyn Van Sickle Voice Scholarship Competition is held every one or two years.
- The competition is open to high school seniors who are planning to major in music with voice as their principal instrument, or vocal majors already in college or graduate school.
- The scholarship may be awarded to anyone majoring in Music, Music Education, Theory, etc. as long as the principal instrument is voice.
- One $3,000 scholarship and one $2,000 scholarship will be awarded, each renewable for four consecutive
years, as long as the student maintains satisfactory progress and a course of music study.
Application deadline Monday, January 30, 2023
auditions saturday, February 18, 2023
Details & Application Below
John Hudson Scholarship
- The John Hudson Scholarship is awarded annually to a high school senior who participates in the Youth Orchestra Program and plans to attend college.
2023 Details & Application Coming Soon!
Symphony Society Scholarship
- Individual scholarships are awarded to outstanding college and high school music students to enable them to seek out programs or activities which will build and enhance their music proficiency. Examples include summer music programs, college programs, youth orchestra, chorus, etc.
Details & Application for 2022-2023 Awards
REG. #CH1817 A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING
1-800-435-7532 TOLL FREE WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.